Rental Policies And Procedures
Detailed Terms and Conditions are specified in each Property Rental Agreement, and may vary with individual properties. Typically, the seasonal schedules vary slightly between properties that are licensed to rent nightly or weekly, and properties that are advertised as monthly or seasonal rentals.
Our Standard Rental Policies and Procedures are as follows:
- Published rates are subject to change without notice.
- Please contact us to confirm rates.
- Published rates do not include the 7.5% State sales tax and 5% County tourist tax, $75.00 processing fee, cleaning fees, and other additional fees associated with some properties.
- Prices fluctuate depending on the season, and seasonal schedules may vary with individual properties.
- Winter or High season rates for properties advertised rent weekly or nightly apply from approximately December 15 to April 30. For properties advertised to rent monthly the Winter season is typically December 1 to April 30.
- Shoulder rates for properties advertised to rent weekly or nightly typically apply from December 1 to December 14 and May 1 to August 15. For properties advertised as monthly rentals the Shoulder season is typically May 1 - July 31.
- Summer rates for properties advertised to rent weekly or nightly typically begin August 15 and extend to December 1. For properties advertised as monthly rentals the Summer season is typically August 1 to November 30.
- Festival and holiday rates including Christmas, New Years, 4th of July, Fantasy Fest, Easter, Yacht Race weeks, and Lobster sport weeks are generally 20% to 25% higher than the High season rates.
- Please contact to confirm rates as rates are subject to change without notice.
Reservation and Payment Schedule:
- Upon reservation of a property a written rental agreement is provided which specifies detailed terms and conditions for the rental.
- Once the signed agreement and initial deposit is received, the rental reservation is confirmed with a written confirmation.
- An initial deposit of 50% of the total rental, taxes, and any associated fees is required to confirm the rental.
- Total balance payment is due 60 - 90 days prior to arrival (depending on property, see your rental contract)
- Payments may be made via personal or certified check, bank wire transfer, or credit card. Personal checks are not accepted for payments made two weeks prior to arrival.
- Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express credit cards are accepted. A credit card imprint must be provided for all credit card transactions.
Security / Damage Deposit:
- This deposit is due with final payment. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, personal check or certified check are accepted for the security deposit. When a credit card is used it is only charged if damages occur during guest stay, or if extraordinary cleaning, excessive laundry beyond normal usage and telephone charges occur during guest stay.
If a check is used for the security deposit, the check will be deposited and a refund check will be issue within 60 days of departure.
Pool and Jacuzzi Heat:
Pool and Jacuzzi heat are optional features for most properties. Due to our island location, our electricity comes from Miami and is extremely expensive in Key West. The cost for this additional amenity is our cost to run the heat. If decide you want this service, please let us know and we will heat the pool and/or Jacuzzi for you. Note: Recommended in Spring and Winter months.
All properties require a required departure cleaning fee which is over and above the rental fee. Fees charge vary by property depending on the size of the property and the housekeeper charge. Properties rented for more than one week generally require maid service in addition to the departure cleaning fee.
- Guests agree to report any damage that they find or cause immediately to the rental representative.
- Guests assume all responsibility for behavior of self and their guests and agree to abide by all rules and regulations of the property.
- Properties are privately owned and are located in residential neighborhoods and are not suitable to stage loud parties. Should guests? behavior necessitate eviction including a complaint of noise or any other violation set forth by the County of Monroe in the City of Key West, all prepaid rents and deposits shall be considered earned.
- No occupants under the age of 25 are allowed unless accompanied by parent or guardian. Only the number of adults and children specified in this rental agreement are allowed to stay as guests for this rental.
- Guests are responsible for the completion and timely return of any rental forms, including but not limited to rental agreement, security deposit forms, check in procedure forms and any required lease approval forms.
- All units are furnished with the basic amenities of a home. However, during your stay if you run out of some consumable items, they may need to be replenished by guests. For example, toilet paper, paper towels, dish washing liquid, laundry detergent and propane gas for grills. It is also a good idea to bring your own beach towel to use at the pool or beach.
- All keys given to guests must be returned or pay a $50. lost key fee. If a guest loses their key during their stay there will be a $25.00 deliver fee.
When we receive your final rental payment we will EMAIL you the "Welcome Packet" for the property you have rented. The Welcome Packet is a useful guide that provides detailed directions to the property and a wonderful local's guide to favorite restaurants, conveniences, and points of interest you may want to visit during your stay. We suggest you print this and bring it with you to Key West.
Check In Procedures: Properties are available for check in at 4:00 pm
- CHECK-IN CALL: The 'check in call' is an important step in your check-in process. This call is when you will finalize your check-in arrangements with our staff, and must be done prior to your arrival to Key West or your check-in may be delayed. Please note: The person who signs the rental contract is considered to be the "Primary Guest," who shall be the sole person designated to communicate with representatives of Vacation Homes of Key West.
It is the responsibility of the primary guest to call our check-in line by phone, AT LEAST TWO (2) DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL, to go over check-in procedures and to get instructions on how to get the key to the property. The check-in phone number is provided to the primary guest with the final rental confirmation when final payment for the rental is received. Please do not have anyone other than theprimary guest call for check-in instructions or directions to the property.
- HOW TO GET THE KEY: Depending on the property you rent, we will either check you into the property, or a key will be left in a lock box for you on the premises. Only the primary guest will be given these instructions at the time of the CHECK-IN CALL. Other guests must rely on the primary guest as their point of contact with us.
- EARLY CHECK-IN: Please do not count on an early arrival. While we do our best to accommodate requests for early arrivals, please be advised that an early check-in is at the discretion of our executive housekeeper, and is only possible if the rental property you are renting is prepared for arrival and approved in advance during the check-in call.
NOTE: Please understand that we have multiple properties where guests are checking out and new guests are checking in on the same day. We need time to prepare your rental property for your arrival. Housekeeping and maintenance professionals must have access to all properties from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm for cleaning and maintenance after check out and prior to check in.
Late arrivals are fine but must be arranged in advance.
Check Out Procedures:
Properties must be vacated at 10:00 am.
- Please call our check out number the day prior to departure to confirm check out procedures.
- Properties must be vacated by 10:00 a.m. Please understand that we have multiple properties where guests are checking out and new guests are checking in on the same day. We need time to prepare the rental property you are vacating for the arrival of the next guests. Housekeeping and maintenance professionals must have access to all properties from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm for cleaning and maintenance after check-out and prior to check-in.
- Late Check Out: Please do not expect or plan on a late check-out. If there are no new guests scheduled to arrive on the day of your departure, a late check-out be possible and can be requested by calling the check in phone. However, a late check out is at the discretion of the executive housekeeper and maintenance staff, and is only possible if no new guests scheduled to arrive at the property on the day of your departure.
NOTE: There may be an additional charge for late check-out.
Our properties are smoke free homes. Smoking is permitted outside only. Most properties offer a deck or porch area for smoking.
- Please note that only a few properties allow pets.
- Please be sure to obtain prior approval to bring your pet or you may risk eviction. If a pet guest is approved, there are pet fees associated for pet stay which included daily rate plus an additional pet cleaning and departure flea spray.
- For cancellations made 60-90 days (depending on property, see your rental contract,) or more prior to arrival date, the guest is entitled to refund less a $250. cancellation fee for villas, cottages, townhouses and condos, and suits. Cancellation fees for larger properties, such as Estates have a higher cancellation fee of $350 to $500. Cancellation fees are specified in the rental contract.
- Cancellation must be made in writing and acknowledged by Molly Parker, Inc.
- Cancellations made within 60-90 days (depending on property, see your rental contract,) days of arrival date are non-refundable.
- Hurricane refunds or rescheduling are not offered. If tenants are concerned about possible interruption or cancellation due to a impending storm, or hurricane warning, or mandatory evacuation, tenants are advised to purchase trip cancellation and interruption insurance. This insurance offers a comprehensive cancellation and interruptions policy which protects your rental property investment in the event of a cancellation due to a sudden emergency before or during your trip.
Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance:
- Guests are provided information on trip cancellation and interruption insurance and provided basic rate information and instructions on how to purchase this insurance in order to protect their vacation rental investment. Guests are advised to purchase this insurance if they are concerned about cancellation. Apply here for Travel Guard Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance.